Publication of Project Results:
All grant submissions are confidential to the individual applicant and will not be published or distributed to any third parties, other than BioSkryb.
Two winners will be selected by a panel of BioSkryb’s management, directors, and staff.
Upon project completion, the grant winner(s) agrees to participate in a poster presentation regarding the specific project within 1 year of being declared a winner. The winner(s) agrees that BioSkryb shall have the right to publicly announce the winner’s name and research title and use anonymized data from the winner's projects in application notes including in marketing materials.
Eligibility and Requirements:
• Applicants must be actively enrolled or employed at a research institution in a capacity in which they perform life science research and have the ability to ship the samples (eight PTA libraries from human cells, as per below) on an agreed-upon date between winner(s) and BioSkryb after award notification.
• Applicants must not be government employees or Health Care Professionals. Employees of government institutions and Health Care Professionals should not be eligible to participate in the program. Health Care Professional is defined as physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, and any other medical professionals, including without limitation, medical students, laboratory directors, genetic counselors, and formulary committee members.
• Members of the immediate families of BioSkryb, as well as BioSkryb employees and directors, and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to participate in this grant program.
• This program is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
• For the entirety of the project, the grant winner(s) agree to use all of the contents of the prize package. Additionally, winners will provide BioSkryb with eight PTA libraries from human cells to be used with the Illumina NovaSeq™ 6000 Sequencing System and such data will be shared with winner(s).
The grant award winner(s) may be required to sign and return a publicity release and other appropriate legal documentation reasonably requested by BioSkryb. No substitution or transfer of the awarded prize is allowed except as permitted by BioSkryb.
If for any reason, the grant program may not run as planned for any causes beyond the reasonable control of BioSkryb, then BioSkryb reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the grant program.
These terms and conditions and any action related to this grant program will be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. All claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with these terms and conditions and this grant program will be brought solely in the federal or state courts located in Durham, North Carolina, and all applicants consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum.
By participating in this grant program, each applicant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these terms and conditions.